Thursday, June 14, 2012

Goodnight Moon, Part 2

Tonight's exchange:

Me:  Good night!  I love you Carter.

Carter:  I love you more.

Me:  I love you to the moon.

Carter:  I love you to Eris!   (...which - in case you are like me and didn't know this - is a dwarf planet past Pluto.)

Me (feeling confident that I would "win"):  Well.... I love YOU to the Sun.  And remember?  You said "the Sun can hold a million earths so it is the greatest love."

Carter:  Well, I love you to Venus.  And Venus has more points than the Sun.

Me:  Why is that?

Carter:  Because Venus is the goddess of LOVE. 

Me:  {speechless}  Okay, I guess you win....

[In full disclosure, Carter does have a Planet Quest game in which he has learned a lot of planet facts.  But I could not believe he put that response together so quickly in order to "beat" me!!!]

No comments: