Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One moment in time

The other day  I took Carter & Chloe to the Y.  Carter had a swimming lesson and Chloe was, as usual, along for the ride.  I got Carter settled in with his swim teacher and then Chloe said she had to use the bathroom.  So, of course, even though we had just COME from the bathroom area, back to the locker room we went.

Then it happened.  Right as I approached the door to leave the pool area.  It was like time stood still for a moment and time flashed forward in my mind.  I got this overwhelming feeling that time was short and that in a blink of an eye, my season of taking kids to swim classes and preschool and all that other kiddie stuff that I do -- would be over.  It was such a strange, overwhelming sensation that it is hard to describe. Tears actually very quickly sprung to my eyes and I am not someone who tears up or cries easily or often.  Has this ever happened to anyone else out there?  Where you just get a very overwhelming feeling out of nowhere?  This doesn't happen to me often, but when it does happen, I just kind of take it as a little revelation from God that I need to take note of ... perhaps that I need to remember to enjoy and savor these special moments. 

But now you have to read the end to this story.

So....I'm in the midst of my little reverie with all these thoughts and feelings flooding through me. My eyes are blurry with tears.  I take Chloe's hand and open the locker room door.....and right there in the walkway stands a middle-aged lady....

BUCK. NAKED.  My jaw almost hit the floor as she just stood there rummaging through her bag, totally unembarrassed in her state of undress.  She didn't even look up as we approached her!

Wow.  Did that snap me out of my little "moment"....

Just the fact that these 2 separate episode happened in tandem makes me laugh out loud just thinking about it!

(PS - Bet this blog post ended in a way you didn't expect!)

1 comment:

nateandkatesmom said...

Haha! That cracks me up! Nope.....didn't expect that. Good thing you didn't walk in there with Carter or Audrey. I don't think Kaitlyn wouldn't have been able to hold in the giggles! I have had those moments where a thought crosses my mind and I am hit with emotions out of no-where. Sometimes I think they are little reminders from God.