Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My life lately

Summer is winding down around here.   Audrey is back to school in about a week and a half ... Carter will be off to preschool a few weeks after that.  It is always a bittersweet time.  I AM looking forward to the routine that comes with the school year ... but then again I am NOT looking forward to the routine that comes with the school year.  No more lazy days of sleeping in ...  no more lazy nights of sitting on the deck and letting the kids play outside till the lightning bugs come out.  Oh well.  I feel like we have had a very full summer and done most everything on our summer "to-do" list.  So my goal for these few weeks is to just enjoy the freedom and have fun with the kids.

In other news .... I have begun training for a 5K!  Yup, I'm a runner now!
See, I have new running shoes!  Ergo, I am a runner.
(If only it were that easy....)

I am doing the couch to 5K program.  I just started this past Monday ... so I am closer to the "couch" end of this thing but I am determined to get to the point where I can run the whole 5K race.  Tonight I went out with my neighbor Kelly, who is also training.  I have to say, it is much more fun to run with a buddy!  

We are running for a good cause.  I wrote before about our neighbor Gabby who is battling cancer... well, there is a 5K run for her benefit in October.  So what better reason to get my batootie in gear and start getting some exercise?  And Chad has been very supportive, encouraging me to get out there and run.  

Well that's all for now.  My life really isn't too exciting, is it???


No comments: