Friday, August 19, 2011

This post is for Magda :)

 Yup, this is another Carter story.  And I especially thought that my sister-in-law's mother-in-law (got that connection?) would appreciate this story, given that she is a Spanish speaker. And plus, she faithfully reads my blog.  So doesn't she deserve a little Smith family post in her honor? :)

Last weekend we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch.  The kids had free kids meals from VBS and we were out and about anyway so we stopped to eat.

The manager stopped by the table and asked if the kids would like balloons.  Of course they all yelled "YES!"

"What color would you like?" asked the manager.

"Blue, to match my shirt," said Audrey.

"Peek" (pink) said Chloe.

"INDIGO!" says Carter.  (Only Carter...)


I quickly said "Carter, I don't think they have indigo balloons here.  What other color would you like?"

"Morado." he said to the manager.

Luckily the manager knew Portuguese so he could pretty much understand that Carter was saying "purple" in Spanish!

Gotta love that Winnie the Pooh Kindergarten computer game.  There is Memory Game section and they say the words in English AND Spanish.  Carter is now walking around and pointing to household objects and naming them in Spanish "la mesa" (table)... "la casa" (house) and "Mom, your shirt is 'anaranjado'" (orange) ... all with a pretty good accent, I should add!

The kid cracks me up.

Did I mention he is FOUR???  What is he going to come up with when he is 10??

No comments: