Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sisters

This morning I saw Chloe and Audrey interacting and I said - "Audrey, I am really happy for you."

She asked why.

I said "Because you have a sister. Now that I am a grown-up, I REALLY wish I had a sister. Some day you and Chloe will be able to share secrets, do each other's hair and nails, share a room, be in each other's weddings, hopefully babysit each other's kids. It will be so great."

She just smiled. [And then added that poor Carter needs a brother ... to which I said - "that would be nice for Carter ... but we are not planning on having any more kids." ]

And sidenote - I am very happy to have a brother. I am just saying I would ALSO like a sister too.

Anyhow, this afternoon, before Chloe's nap, this is what I saw:

It makes my heart so happy. :)

Aren't they a sweet pair?

4 comments:

Karen said...

That is very sweet.

Kaylee said...

Oh that is sooo sweet! I love my brothers and sisters. Best friends for life.

ErinOrtlund said...

I know what you mean! I wish I had a sister too. And it looks like Kate won't have one either. Glad for Audrey and Chloe though!

nateandkatesmom said...

I wish my sister and I had a better relationship. We are so different and have nothing in common. Those are sweet moments between Audrey and Chloe and Chad will be Carter's best bud!