Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm still here

So I haven't posted anything for awhile. Partly this is because I am trying to spend less time online and more time actually living my life and spending my time a bit more wisely. Trying. :)

But the other thing is, well, do you ever just feel like there is just too much on your mind, and you just can't process it all? That's how I feel lately. The past week or two has been filled with a lot of conflicting emotions. And I don't want to thoughtlessly share something on my blog, especially if it involves more "serious" matters vs. the usual pictures of the kids and such.

There has been a lot of good. The other day was my birthday and I just totally enjoyed seeing how excited the kids got about it. Audrey made me about ten cards, and she even helped Carter make a card! It was really cute watching them conspire with Daddy about ice cream cake. :)

Also, on Saturday I did a little shopping .... (drumroll please) ALONE. Yes, me. In the car by myself! Going somewhere besides the grocery store! Then that evening my parents took Chad and I out to a really nice dinner at the Melting Pot to celebrate both my birthday and my mom's (which is a few days before mine). That was a huge, yummy treat.

Yes, I do have a fondue obsession. I even got an electric fondue pot for my birthday. :)

There has been a lot of just living life. I am working with Carter on potty training. I am trying to get enough sleep. Audrey has been having various friends over for playdates. I am (as always) trying to think of what to have for dinner. Chloe is getting around with an army crawl and cutting 2 top teeth. Chad and I are watching 24. I got a speeding ticket. (... that is a whole 'nother blog post...)

There has also been a lot of hard stuff. In the past week, one of Carter's little friends was very sick and ended up being hospitalized. Another friend is struggling with a debilitating depression. Another friend is dealing with a very difficult and complicated family situation. Some other friends of ours lost their baby through a miscarriage after trying for months and months to get pregnant. All this has just been weighing heavily on my mind. The good thing is that it is causing me to go to God over and over again and bring all these people and situations to Him. Really, it is the best thing I can do since I am so helpless - these are things I can't change, and truly - only God can do "immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine."

So ..... that's enough for now. Meanwhile... I'll just keep on keepin' on.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Amy. I am so sorry you are struggling with so many situations. That is a lot on your mind. I pray that things will calm down for everyone soon.

nateandkatesmom said...

Your friends are so lucky to have friends like you and Chad who consistently pray for them. I know I have greatly appreciated your prayers this past year with all that we were going through with my Mom. You know you can count on me too, if you ever need some extra prayers! Also, I'd be happy to pass any urgent prayer request onto our church for your friends if you want.

Brianne said...

so grateful for your prayers!!!