Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowiest Day. Ever.

Well, unless you've been hiding under a rock, you know there is a blizzard going on here on the East Coast. I just heard Diane Sawyer call it "Snowzilla"... Seems we are going to break a record here in Philly for amount of snow in a season.

Chad went out and shoveled off the driveway about 3 times. And guess what? Tomorrow morning ... he's gonna have to shovel again.

So what do you do on a snowy day like today?

If you're a cat, you take a nap. I think I might like a cat's life. ;)


Audrey invited me to a tea party in her room.
When I came to her "door" she had a special note for me. I quickly discovered that she also had an "agenda" for the party. First, we did Tinkerbell tattoos (sorry, no picture! haha)

Next, we had tea and snacks.

Chloe woke up and joined the party. The next agenda item was doing hair and makeup. If you look closely, you can see that Chloe is wearing a hairbow and has glitter on her head. (This is what happens when I leave the room...)

And this is why I left the room.
Yup, Carter is learning to use the potty.
I figure being stuck inside during a blizzard is as good a time as any to start potty training!

While the 2 little kids took naps, I made some cookie dough, and Audrey & I made heart cookies for Valentine's Day.

A back view of our snowman as the day draws to a close. It is still snowing and blowing out there, and school is canceled for tomorrow.

Audrey also has off Friday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. I think by then .... the pictures will be of a more frazzled nature. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute post of your day. I gotta post about our day--which involved face painting. So, we're right there with you. We'll still have fun tomorrow. But, the Friday-next Wednesday thing...well, I think I'll be ready to get back to normal life again. This snow is insane.
Kelly