Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hey, I resemble that!

Okay, enough of the heavy stuff for now.

Today I had a funny thought.

I have this distinct memory from about 12 years ago. I was running an errand for work, and I, a single young woman tooling around town in my little VW Beetle, pulled into the post office parking lot. At the same time, a woman with a big ol' van full of kids pulled in next to me. I hopped out of my car, picked up my package, went in, waited in line for about 5 minutes, handed off my package and came back out. I remember walking back to my car and being shocked to find that the woman in the van was just then getting set to walk in the building with her stroller full of kids and packages.

Today it occurred to me, and this is where the funny part comes in....

I realized that it took me about the same amount of time to get myself and the kids from my van into the dollar store as it did for me to drive from my house to the dollar store itself.

I am now that woman! AAAAAHHH!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure there was some cute young blond watching you too thinking, "what in the world? I'll never be like that." :) Let's see what she says in 10 years. :)
Kelly

Karen said...

That is hilarious. Thanks for the smile. Just another example of how we should NEVER judge someone. You never know when that someone will become us.

nateandkatesmom said...

Too funny!

ErinOrtlund said...

Haha! Yeah--it's so true. And someday we will shop at geriatric Jewel. ;)