Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wanted: One good photo

I just got a letter from Audrey's preschool about items to bring on the first day. One of said items is "a recent picture of your child." Since I'm not new to this preschool thing, I know that the picture is going to be used either to be hung on the wall all year long or to be made into the placemat that she will use each day for snack time. Bringing a picture of Audrey should be an easy thing, however, these are the only kinds of pictures that I can get of Audrey lately ...

Please, all you other moms, tell me that your preschoolers also refuse to smile "normally" for photos!!

So ... I am wondering if I should just send one of these crazy photos, and let them see the "real" Audrey, or whether I should spend the next six weeks trying to get a semi-normal looking picture of her (which of course, will not really be depicting the real goofball that she is ...)
I didn't even post all the lovely photos she took of herself. I am saving them for the time her first boyfriend comes over for dinner ...

Okay, just had to end with a pic of the kids together ... since it is so RARE to get a picture where they are both looking at the camera!!!

4 comments:

Chris Ann Schultz said...

Chantel is ready for a picture at any time. She's very focused, or as her principal says, "precise".
Well, she did a funny and a serious photo, of her breakfast she made this morning, after seeing Audrey's picture yesterday.
Ralph and Chantel are totally silly together. Chantel knows Mommy is more serious and doesn't ham it up as much around me. (Differences even though Ralph and I are both firstborns!)

Jeanne said...

I like the pictures, especially the close up of her with her fingers in the air. I think they are cute!

nateandkatesmom said...

That is totally Nathan right now. He always makes a goofy face when I take his picture. And when It's him and Kaitlyn I'm taking a picture of, by the time I get a normal smile out of him, Kaitlyn is tired of posing. Uugh! I keep snapping pictures though...I'm bound to get a good one once in a while.

ErinOrtlund said...

Yep! And the delay on digital cameras doesn't help! Even when Kate makes a photo-worthy smile, chances are she'll be looking away by the time the photo takes! I wouldn't worry too much about the preschool photo--my philosophy these days (like when Kate dresses herself in a totally mismatched outfit) is just to go with the flow if I possibly can! The ones you have are cute!