Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day ... aka MudFest 2011

Today we headed over to my parents' house for a Memorial Day picnic.  The bummer was that Chad was not able to come with us.  He was scheduled to fly home from Chicago this morning but his flight was cancelled and I am currently waiting for him to come home.... FINALLY!   We all missed him but I'm glad he could have a fun weekend with some of his very best friends in the world.

Anyhow, I was glad to have some fun with my family today.  Since it was (once again) hot and humid today, we took a sprinkler and some water squirters over. 


 The hammock was a popular lounging spot.
  Audrey and Chloe "hung out" together for awhile.
 Girl bonding.  :)
 The kids enjoyed some popsicles (or, as Chloe says "pah-soos")
After a cookout and dinner on the deck, the grown-ups talked, while the kids played.  I should have known when it was so peaceful for so long that they might be getting into a little mischief.
The sprinkler had made a puddle at the edge of my parents' yard and they were busy splashing around in a big muddy puddle.  They were already dirty and having such a great time that I figured - why not just let them enjoy it?

See?  I told you it was a mudfest!


 
They were an absolute mess.  But I just hosed them off ... and they were good to go.
I think my brother (who does not have kids) was appalled ... haha!
I am hoping they have sweet dreams and happy memories of a fun day splashing around in the water ... and the mud.

No comments: