Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring break and Easter Sunday

Spring Break usually conjures up images of palm trees and Florida ... but since there is no way we were heading there, we opted for good old Lancaster County instead. We told the kids that we were going "on an adventure" for the day. First stop? The Hands on House Children's Museum in Lancaster. It is a pretty small place but perfect for our young kids. We started with an outdoor picnic (hello 80 degree temperatures!) and then played in the outdoor area for a bit before playing inside.

The kids enjoyed the outdoor hopscotch as well as a big outdoor sundial. Audrey was amazed that we could tell the time by using her own shadow.

Carter quickly ran off to a little playhouse and proceeded to get dirty. Boys! I love this picture because it is so Carter - off in his own little world thinking his deep thoughts.

Inside there were a bunch of cool exhibits - a grocery store, a model construction site, a factory where you made your own "whatchamacallit" and a dress-up area with a big pirate ship to play in.

This is why there are not many pictures from the inside of the museum. I was trying to let Chloe get her nap in!

After we left Hands on House, the kids thought we were heading home. Instead we drove over to Willow Valley to spend the night! We went there last year and the kids absolutely loved it - they have an indoor water playground and pool.

Chloe getting ready for her first swim in a pool. In her totally cute bathing suit. I told my neighbors the other day - I almost got tears in my eyes when I put it on her, it was that cute!

I wish this was a clearer picture, because it totally captures Chloe's big cheesy grin that she has started making lately. She had a great time in the pool (although she was so tired that at times she looked like she might just fall asleep in that float!)

I did not get too many pictures of the kids this time. When you have 3 kids in a pool (none of whom are true swimmmers, although Audrey is getting there), you need all hands on deck! So Chad and I were usually both in the pool trying to juggle the 3 kiddos.




We did take a little video of Audrey jumping in. She really surprised me - she was swimming UNDERWATER, sometimes with the floaties, sometimes without. And she was jumping in the pool over and over, going all the way under. This from the kid who used to scream bloody murder when I washed her hair in the tub and got water on her face!

Anyhow, we all had a great time, although I was happy to get home. Staying overnight in a hotel with the kids is tiring. Even when you go to bed at 9:30 pm! I sure don't want to rush away the time, but I do look forward to the day that traveling is a bit easier with them. For now, we have to deal with naps (or grumpy kids who haven't napped), 3 year olds waking up wondering where we are, and a baby who kept waking up.

On to Easter!

This morning we gave the kids their Easter baskets and went to church. We even made it on time for once! Then we headed to my parents' house for lunch and Easter egg hunting.

I am just posting this one picture of the day ... all 3 kids not only facing the camera simultaneously, but also smiling. It is a true Easter miracle. :)

I pray that you are enjoying your Easter today.

I am so thankful today for this:
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." - I John 4:10

And I am challenged by the next verse:
"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."
-I John 4:11

Words to live by.

No comments: