Friday, October 9, 2009

Mmm, cat food

I have spent a good part of the last week or two trying to get Carter to STOP eating the cat's food.

Numerous times he has come out of the kitchen crunching on something and when I force his jaws open, sure enough, there is cat food in his mouth. Gross. The other day I even asked him incredulously "does that really taste good?" and of course he smiled real big and nodded yes. Ick.

So anyhow, perhaps this morning I found out why Carter thought it was appropriate to eat cat food.

Chad was sitting there eating his cereal, and Carter looked over at him, peered into Chad's bowl, and said "Daddy eat cat food?"

Yes, Carter -- Kashi Go Lean cereal DOES look an awful lot like cat food. :)


No wonder the kid is confused.

1 comment:

Allison said...

That is funny! I grew up in a house loaded with animals, and my sisters were always eating cat food or dog food, or, in Dani's case, drinking out of the toilet (YUCK!!!). That kid would just travel around with a cup and "dip" when thirsty. It still makes me shiver. I guess it's time to start serving Carter--and maybe even the cat--Kashi crunch. :)