Saturday, August 22, 2009

A day in the life ...

Life has been - well, shall we say "different"? - with a newborn in the house. It's good, don't get me wrong - but different. We are spending a WHOLE lot more time at home for one. None of us seems to be thrilled with this development, but soon enough we will have more mobility. So, I have been having to be creative with our use of time - both the kids' use of time, and mine too. Here is a little glimpse at some of our "exciting" activities this week.

On Wednesday, Chad took Audrey to Hershey Park. They had an enormous blast. Meanwhile - the rest of us, well, had to be "creative" (there's that word again) in order to make our day "fun". Carter & I were "babysitting" Audrey's cat Cupcake, so we all decided to play Sequence. (The modified version that I play with Carter, which just involves putting chips on different animal pictures.) SOOOO fun.


We do little "photo shoots" of Chloe...


We even put big ol' bows in her hair. I should say AUDREY puts big bows on her. The other day we went out somewhere (like, in the car and everything) and I realized that while the rest of us looked like something the cat dragged in, Chloe looked like she was ready for a day out on the town!



I finally finished crocheting an afghan for Audrey that I started before Carter was born ... 2 1/2 years ago ... oh well.

Yesterday I made "zucchini brownies" with some extra zucchini we had sitting on our counter. (Isn't all zucchini "extra"?? The stuff grows like crazy and you can't get rid of it if you want to!!)


I know zucchini brownies don't necessarily sound appealing, but they are actually REALLY good. Here is the proof:



Not only is a 2 year old eating it, he is wearing it!

"I want more brownies!!!" :(

"Hey, I want brownies too ... give me some now or I'll give you a knuckle sandwich!!"


Sorry, I didn't promise this would be an interesting post ... but there you have it. A day in the life.

3 comments:

Chris Ann Schultz said...

Sounds like our summer. We didn't go anywhere, really. Except the nature center to walk, together, one day. Otherwise we just hung out. We are homebodies and love it! Being on the go all the time is exhausting. A college friend called and asked what I want to do when we visit her, "Hang out" was on the list!
After being on the go for 6 1/2 weeks of our life, being displaced this spring, I guess we enjoyed the slower pace of life, hoping the year ahead settles down too!
Thanks for sharing how life is for you now! ♥

Kaylee said...

I love it. I think it is a terrific post! Just flashes into my very own future... :)

ErinOrtlund said...

Hey if you have time amidst all your fun activities, could you post thet zucchini brownie recipe?