Monday, August 25, 2008

I scream you scream ...

... We all scream for ICE CREAM!

We let Carter go at it with his own ice cream cone ... out on the deck of course ;)


You can't tell, but he has just shoved the entire bottom inch of the cone in his mouth, and the rest of the melted ice cream from the bottom of the cone is spurting out all over his shirt. Is this what it will always be like with a boy ... huge messes, lots of laundry detergent and spray-n-wash, and a vacuum-cleaner appetite?



Audrey got in on the fun; however, she was much neater in her approach to ice cream cone eating! Of course, we simply must make a silly face if the camera is out ...


By the way ... I got a compliment from Audrey today. She said "Mommy, you look pretty cute in that shirt today." Where does she get this stuff? Are you 4 or 14? :)

2 comments:

Chris Ann Schultz said...

Chantel sometimes seems more like a teenager at times. Maybe it's because she likes to paint her own nails and trim them herself, pick out her own clothing to wear, and seems to think everything we say is negotiable. AAH! She's ready for Kindergarten!
Chantel loves to play in the dirt and chocolate sauce seems to land on her clothes too. We have a white Phillies shirt with pink that I just Spray and Washed for Dirt and Ice Cream too. AAH! Not again.

nateandkatesmom said...

Yep! Hate to tell you, but boys are messy, although I think Kaitlyn is just as bad sometimes. I can't tell you how long it takes me to do their laundry, since I have to search everything for stains, then spray and let sit for 10 minutes. I get so mad when I discover stains that I missed as I'm folding. I keep waiting for the age that he tries to be a little neater, but I think boys just don't care! Bring on the dirt!!