Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bittersweet moments

Last night I spent the evening at Target with a friend who is about to have her first baby.  We shopped for bottles, pacifiers, hooded towels, crib sheets, boppy covers, nursing tops, comfy clothes for after the baby comes, a stroller, a pack and play, etc.  We also discussed the merits of certain pacifiers and why bath robes for babies - while completely cute - are totally pointless (in my humble opinion....)  It was a lot of fun.

Then at some point in our shopping it dawned on me that I no longer have any need to shop in this section of Target other than for gift-buying.  Part of me is very happy to be done with diapers and nursing and carrying babies in those heavy car seat carriers.  Then another part of me can't believe that my baby days are over.  Didn't I just take that first pregnancy test a couple years ago?
 Early days of motherhood....
 Life seemed so simple then...
 And we look so young.  {sigh}

It was a little bittersweet, can ya tell??

Luckily I'll have Lyn's baby to cuddle and hold.  And trust me, I owe that girl some BIG TIME babysitting hours.... :)  I am so excited for her....can't wait to meet her little boy and love on him!

No comments: