Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hives, hives and more hives...

Audrey has hives. Not a few little red dots. Massive, itchy, red splotches covering her body from head to toe. The doctor thinks she is probably allergic to amoxicillin. I wanted to say "great, thanks, I just pumped her body full of that poison that you gave me for the last 10 days." Anyhow, it takes amoxicillin up to a week to get OUT of one's system. AND, it can take up to 6 weeks to totally be rid of hives.

The good news is - at least it's not contagious, although I did find one stray hive on my cheek last night. I called it my "sympathy hive." Personally, I think it just may be stress related ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Drew got hives after taking a derivative of penicillin. It looks awful, I know. He got over it super quick though. I've never heard of anyone keeping hives that long. Poor Audrey. Maybe some clearasil will help your sympathy hive. :)

Chris Ann Schultz said...

Glad you said poison. We like to usual natural antibiotics, like "grape seed extract or Colloidial Silver (Sovereign Silver) to boost immunity. Check with your local healthfood store.

nateandkatesmom said...

Boy, you guys can't catch a break can you!?! I hope they are not to bothersome to Audrey and that they go away fast!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! One of my friends actually just had this same thing happen to her little boy - it was from the antibiotic. Unreal! I pray that your little one is feeling better now. :( That's totally no fun.