Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Tree, Part 2 & Christmas, Part 1

Our finished Tree of Thanks (and pardon Audrey's unmatching orange socks, but the girl just wants to walk to the beat of her own drum ...)

Well, the Tree of Thanks was a big hit. The kids loved putting their leaves on, and I have to say, Chad and I enjoyed it too. We have so many things to be thankful for and God has blessed us in so many ways. I love that we have a holiday that reminds us of this!

We had a great day yesterday at my parents' house along with my brother and my uncle. We all went around and said what we were especially thankful for, as well as telling each person what we appreciate about him/her. We have that whole Swiss/German background thing, so sharing feelings doesn't happen a lot in our family, so it was particularly special. Unfortunately, I was too caught up in all the fun to think about taking pictures. So the only one I have is of the kids in their pj's before we headed home.

Here are my two crazy nut cases (I say that with love!):


So ... now that Thanksgiving is over, Audrey is, of course, in full blown Christmas mode. The other day she decided to deck the halls with some Christmas pictures that she drew.


Here is Santa ...


A manger scene ...

A Christmas tree ...


And last but not least, our musical snow globe, which Audrey has been begging to put up since ... October maybe?? It went up today!

Happy Holidays everyone ... I'm hoping I can just savor the Christmas season and not get caught up in all the rush!

1 comment:

Chris Ann Schultz said...

That's easy for us, since we always finish shopping and plan on doing the hectic things in early December, like Chantel's party is tomorrow, even though her b-day is December 7th. That way we can do things on weekends and not be overly stressed or unfocused. It's party month for us, with all of the b-day's and my parents anniversary anyway, so my shopping is always done by November. Christmas Cards are getting on their way now. Being home with a sick child this week, gave me some time in respite to write me cards and thankful/Christmas message.