Tuesday, May 20, 2008

If it's May in Phoenixville ...

...it must be time for the DOGWOOD FESTIVAL!!!
(Or, as Audrey used to say "the dog festabul")

The moment every kid (in Phoenixville, that is) waits for all year -- rides, ice cream, and fun with friends!

Here are Audrey & Emma riding the kiddie coaster ...



Audrey with some more neighborhood buds, Nathan & Kaitlyn


Another integral part of the Dogwood Festival is the PARADE! This thing lasts for, I'd say, about 2 hours! (rivaling Wheaton's 4th of July parade...) And people throw candy to the kids! Can it get any better??

Audrey & Carter sitting with our next door neighbor, Brianna



Carter discovers juice boxes. Thanks a lot, Miss Hillary! :)
(Just have to add - this is about the longest Carter sat the whole time-- I had the pleasure of chasing him up and down the sidewalk for the remaining 2 hours of the parade ...)



Hmm. I don't think I know that one making goofy faces in the
middle there ...



Carter & his girlfriend-to-be, Rebecca :)



All the kiddos lined up with their candy bags

1 comment:

Chris Ann Schultz said...

Cute pictures. Sounds like Cedarville's Homecoming Parade. What day was it? It looks like a cool day, like it has been. I'm glad for the cool weather. With school going until June 18th this year. The year would be long, with it getting too hot too fast. Also, we don't have to run the a/c and the heat hardly runs. So, it's great.
Carter's girlfriend looks just like him. Chantel says she's marrying the neighbor boy next door, he's an older man, January 2002 birthday and she's a Dec. 2002 birthday. She's just like Mommy. I've always loved boys! I only played with boys in kindergarten! I didn't know one girl in my class, per the kindergarten teacher!:-)