Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Late...

On January 6, Chad and I "celebrated" our 8th anniversary. I put celebrated in quotes because we really didn't celebrate then... although I will fess up and say that while Chad had a card and flowers for me on our actual anniversary, I had nothing for him. So sentimental of me, I know. :( However, we had already decided that we would go away for a night later in January to celebrate, so I kind of considered that my opportunity to celebrate, and I did have a card for him then, lest you think I'm a total loser!

Here is a picture from our wedding day, January 6, 2001 - excuse the grainy photo, but I took a picture of a picture so that I would have something to put up here. This was before the days of digital photography ... It was a cold but beautiful day. My greatest fear was that the Chicago weather would prevent someone important from attending, but despite a record snowfall that December, the weather that week cooperated, and everyone made it!


And here I am 8 years later, pregnant with my 3rd child. Hard to believe how much has changed.

So ... for our anniversary, my parents came to our house and watched our kids overnight while Chad and I traveled to Philly for the night. We stayed at a brand new hotel downtown, went out for a fabulous dinner at Roy's (which sounds like a cheap diner, but is an awesome "Hawaiian Fusion" restaurant), slept like babies in a comfy bed with no kids to wake us up, and then ventured to the Phila. Museum of Art the following day. It was great!

Outside of the Art Museum

And here is Chad by the "Rocky" statue. I tried to convince him to hold his arms up in the air
like Rocky but he was too cool for that. :)

So thankful for the chance to get away. As I said to Chad - it will probably be a few years before we get to go away overnight again!

So I haven't posted in awhile. This is mostly because I have been quite tired and grouchy for a good part of January. I actually started a post last week and then decided that if I didn't have something nice to say, I shouldn't say it at all. And I was getting tired of hearing myself whine on top of it. :) But Carter is sleeping better these days, I am renewing my attitude with God's help, and sickness has left the household, at least for now! So hopefully I will be posting more in the following weeks.

6 comments:

Kaylee said...

No way!!! There's a Roy's here??? My friend worked at Roy's in Phoenix and that is where we would always go for our girl's nights. Her manager would always hook us up big time! Love that place.
Happy anniversary! And you are looking so cute and pregnant. I must not have gotten a very good look at you at church on Sunday! You've got a baby in there!

Jeanne said...

Not everyone made it to your wedding. Neither of your grandfathers or your "away" uncles put in an appearance -I still kind of hold a small grudge about that!They didn't even make an effort.

Chris Ann Schultz said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. Glad you had a good time away.

nateandkatesmom said...

That was pretty good for a picture of a picture. You two look the same! I'm glad you had a refreshing little getaway. Your last hoorah for a while, I guess. You guys are a great couple! Heres to many more wonderful years together!

ErinOrtlund said...

Oh, I remember your January wedding! It was lovely. 8 years ago! Wow, time does fly.

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Happy anniversary, Amy! I LOVE THE ART MUSEUM!!!! My parents live in West Chester, and I know the P-ville area. :o) (I grew up in Clifton Hts down in Upper Darby Township)

You looked gorgeous on your wedding day and are a beautiful preggo lady, mama!